Saturday, November 15, 2008

I am alive!!!!!

I bet you have all been wondering if I was alive or not....well I am happy to report that I do have a pulse! Graduate school is KILLING ME! Here are a few quick updates:

* Clint took his turkey (Lynard) to the NC State fair in October and placed 6 out of 15 in his class. He just got a check in the mail for $35 from where they auctioned Lynard after the show. Poor Lynard!


Clint posing with Lynard before they are off to the NC State Fair. Lynard is camera shy!!

* Callie tried out for the NC Elementary Honors Chorus and made it. There were only 20 from Cleveland County and 160 from all of NC. Their rehearsals and performance were last weekend in Winston Salem. It was AWESOME!
Can you find Callie in the picture?


My little singer!

*Cassie's 1st Cheer Competition was last weekend in Raleigh. They won 1st in their division. Go Force!

Cassie after her competition at Dorton Arena in Raleigh.

* Terry's plant is closing December 31st. He has worked there for almost 21 years. We are scared but know the Lord is in control. PRAY!

*I am in a Masters program through ASU that meets in Hickory , and so far I am making A's. It is sooooo hard, and I cry a lot. But God's in control of that too.

* Clint was nominated by his high school as a Park Scholarship recipient (full ride to NC State!). Each high school can choose up to 2 and they only chose Clint this year. He has completed his application and all the necessary requirements. They only choose 50 for the scholarship out of all their nominees...we are praying.

*We toured NC State on Monday...unfortunately, I think Clint liked it!

Clint outside of the 1911 Building at NC State.

* Clint has applied to NC State, UNCC, and I think he is going to apply to Clemson. I'm thinking Cleveland Community here we come!!!!

* Cassie and Callie made straight A's on their 1st report card, and Clint made A's and a B (in Honors Biology II). Way to go kids!

I guess that is about all to report at this time. I have been overwhelmed with my responsibilities at work and grad school. I can't wait for Christmas break so I can breathe.

5 comments:

Kristi said...

Sounds like a whole lot going on in y'all's lives, with lots of changes getting ready to take place. God has been good and has blessed you and Brother Terry with smart, talented younguns. And you hang in there, Crystal. You're obviously doing a great job in school. Lots of blood, sweat, and tears, but it will be worth it in the long run....right????
(((HUGS)))

Love ya,
~Kristi

Unknown said...

Glad you back and congratulations to you and your kids on all your great accomplishments.I admire your ambition to want to futher your education. Sorry to hear about your husband's job. Two of our close neighbors have or will lose jobs in DEC. They laid off almost the temps at BMW but no regular workers and hopefully they want but you never know. Praying for you all. In Christ.Lisa

Amy said...

I know that you're so proud of your kids. Way to go!
It's good to see you back in blog world. :) I'm glad to hear that you're doing so good in your schooling too.
Have a great day!

~Amy

Kimberly said...

Hey Crystal,

Good to have you back in the bloggy world. Missed Ya!

Praying about all you mentioned. I know God is in control of each and every situation.

Love Ya,
Kim

Susan said...

so glad to see your doing okay!! I remember how hard college was, if not for Jon encouraging me I never would have finished!!