Thursday, July 24, 2008

Appointments and Packing

I bet you all have been wondering where I have been. Well, I could blame it on being extremely busy, but the truth is I have been mostly LAZY.
Let's see...Friday the kids came home from PR. After we picked them up at the airport, we went to the Cracker Barrel and ate some good ole American cookin'. By the time we got finished and made it home, it was 10:00 and we were exhausted. I started washing Clint's clothes as soon as we walked in the door because he was going to be leaving for the beach with a good buddy of his less than 24 hours later.
On Saturday, I continued washing clothes, helped Clint get repacked, and uploaded Cassie's PR pics to Walgreen's so that I could get them developed. She took 213 pictures, I was so proud of her! You can view a slide show of some of them at Cassie's Corner . Callie went to play and spend the night with a friend on Saturday, and that afternoon Clint went to his friend's to leave for the beach. That left Cassie as an only child. That evening we went to Walgreen's to pick up the pics I had sent via Internet, and Cassie wanted to go to Ham's for cheese fries and a cheesy chicken sandwich.
On Sunday, we went to church, of course. We had two wonderful, spirit-filled services. God is blessing in our church family, and I am glad I am able to witness it. Our teens testified about the PR trip, and many others testified about miracles that are happening in their lives.
On Monday, I substitute taught for a friend of mine at this summer enrichment program I told you about in an earlier post. Also, Terry turned 52! The girls made him cards, and I cooked him a good meal. He wants a new pair on tennis shoes, and that is something I can't go out and buy him. So, he is going to buy his own gift. After we ate and cleaned up the dishes, Cassie had cheer practice.
On Tuesday, Cassie was dying to get the new Miley Cirus cd. She purposely saved some of her PR spending money so that she could buy it. So, the girls and I went to Wal-Mart so that she could purchase it. Then, we went to Chick-fil-A for lunch. Next, I had a hair appointment. Later that evening Cassie had cheer practice again. After cheer practice, she went to spend the night with Taylor from Taylor's Blog.
On Wednesday, Callie and I were truly LAZY! We laid around in our pjs all day and watched the tube. We were still in our pjs when Terry got home from work! That evening we went to church, and again we had a tremendous service. A man that was sitting behind me got saved!
Well today, Cassie has a dentist appointment and an orthodontist appointment. Sometime today we have got to start packing for the beach. We are leaving early Saturday morning for a week. When we get there, Clint and his friend will meet up with us, and his friend's parents will be going home. There will also be some good friends of ours from church staying at the same place as us.
Well, I believe I have caught you up. Hope you have a good day.

No comments: